Overview: This How To will guide you through using the Options in the Contacts module.
1. Click on the ‘Contacts’ Module.
2. Click on the ‘Options’ button from the lower left menu.
3. The General tab has 9 main options.
4. Click on the ‘General’ button to view the general options.
- Default or Gmail. If 'Gmail' is selected, clicking on an email link in a Contact screen will open Gmail in a new web browser window. If 'Default' is selected, the default email program will open.
- When this option is checked, user privileges are overridden, i.e. all Contacts and Companies are accessible by all users, even Standard Users, who can otherwise only access the data they own. In this case, when a Standard User is not explicitly an Owner of a data item, the Edit and Delete functions are blocked for the user.
- When this option is checked, every email sent from KIM automatically adds your KIM dropbox email as a Bcc recipient, i.e emails are automatically stored as a Note in KIM.
- When checked, the company name appears next to the contact in all drop-down lists, e.g. in edit project, deal, job, task.
- When checked, the 'Mass Mailing Tool' menu appears in the Send button menu for all users including Standard users. Unchecking will display the menu only for Admin and Manager users
- Check this option if you have records with accented characters. This may slow down the performance.
- When checked, notes appear directly on the Contact or Company main screen. This is useful if you want to print the Contact screen including notes. To print, click on the 3-dot menu and select Print.
- When checked, standard users can see the geographical location of other users in the My Team Map.
- When checked, only an Admin user can edit users who are listed in their My Team group. Otherwise, any user has privileges to do so.
5. Click on the ‘User Rights' button to view the general options.
6. Click on the ‘Groups’ button, This allows to you to organise your contacts and companies further by categorising them into discrete groups.
7. Click on the ‘Regions’ button, this will allow you to categories contacts and companies similar to groups. A new Region can be added by clicking on the ‘+’ button.
8. Click on the ‘Email templates’ button, this allows you to create simple email templates that can be used when sending an email to a Contact or Company. When you tap on a Contact or Company email, on your mobile or in your web account, a popup will display with the option to choose a Blank Email or one of the email templates you have created. The Email Template can be done by clicking on the ‘+’ button.
9. Click on the ‘Custom Fields’ button, this will allow you to create a custom field which can be inserted into the contact or company edit screen to add specialised information.
10. Click on the ‘Custom Views’ button, this will allow you to create specialised filters for the Contacts app. Click on the ‘+’ button to create a new view.
- Click on either the ‘Contact’ or ‘Company’ button.
- The following are the parameters:
Name: title of the Custom view list in the Contacts or Companies section.
Colour: colour of the highlight bar of the Custom view in the Contacts or Companies section.
Columns: Select the data fields that you wish to display as columns in the Custom View list. Example: Name, Phone and Address of Contact. If no Columns are selected, only the Name column is displayed.
The filter is the search criteria defined by a Contact/Company field or custom field, an operator (is, is not, contains string, lower than, greater than) and the search value.
You can add one or more filters. (Note that only the AND logic is supported when combining multiple filters. Use multiple views to achieve an OR logic).