Overview: Importing a new Company/a list of Companies from a spreadsheet has the advantage of being more efficient than creating Companies individually through KIM. It also allows for previous list of Companies (perhaps from other applications) to be reformatted in a spreadsheet and quickly imported.
Important notes: Make sure that when you are importing a spreadsheet, you confirm that headers exist in the first row. If they do not exist, KIM will not know how to interpret the data. The amount of rows of information in the malformed spreadsheet will result in as many blank records.
1. Click on the 'Contacts' module.
2. Click on the 'Company’ button.
3. Click on the 3 vertical dots button.
4. Click on the 'Import' menu button.
5. A pop up will appear prompting for details regarding the file you wish to upload. There are four different formats that can be used, so make sure to pick the one that suits the file you wish to use.
6. Click the blue 'Select File' button. A dialog should appear asking you if you want to import x number of records. The number represents the number of rows in the spreadsheet you are importing.
7. Once the import has been completed, click into a Company that you have imported, and verify that the information is correct.