Overview: Importing a new Contact/a list of Contacts from a spreadsheet has the advantage of being more efficient than creating Contacts individually through KIM. It also allows for a previous list of Contacts (perhaps from other applications) to be reformatted in a spreadsheet and quickly imported.
Important Notes: Make sure that when you are importing a spreadsheet, you confirm that headers exist in the first row. If they do not exist, KIM will not know how to interpret the data. The amount of rows of information in the malformed spreadsheet will result in as many blank records.
1. Click on the 'Contacts' module.
2. Click the three vertical dots.
3. Click on the 'Import' button.
4. A pop up will appear prompting for details regarding the file you wish to upload. There are four different formats that can be used, so make sure to pick the one that suits the file you wish to use.
5. Click on the blue 'Select File' button. A dialog should appear asking you if you want to import x number of records. The number represents the number of rows in the spreadsheet you are importing.
6. Once the import has been completed, click into a Contact that you have imported, and verify that the information is correct.