Hey, do you need to run a bulk update on some data for your Equipment records in Kynection KIM app? You can do so by following these steps:
- In the Equipment module, click the cloud icon
- Click Excel - this will download a spreadsheet of all active Equipment
- Open the downloaded Spreadsheet
- Pieces of equipment are shown on each row. The data fields are separated by column.
The first column is id. This is a unique field which should not be updated (otherwise upon re-importing the spreadsheet, it will not update the equipment with that id in KIM)
- You can use Excel features to update the data for pieces of equipment in bulk.
- e.g. you could find and replace the project the equipment is allocated to
- Once you've made the updates, save the spreadsheet and return to KIM's equipment module.
- Click the vertical 3 dots icon, then choose Import
- Click Select Excel File, then find and open the file saved earlier.
- Click OK to confirm the import of the modified equipment. So long as the id field was not modified, it will update all existing equipment in KIM with the modified details.
- Click the 3 dots icon and refresh to re-sync the data on your browser page, to see the updates.